Depending on who you ask challenges can be classified in many ways…recently while in a meeting with C-Level executive of a fortune 100 company asked us to explain him M2M challenges in the context of Business /Customer Experience/Technology categories. Before we go any further let us explain AKM Enterprises Inc.’s vision on M2M:
M2M will harness the flexibility and variety of new delivery and connectivity platforms toward defining entirely new Business opportunities as interactions move from desktop-centric to diverse set of internet enabled smart devices.
So let’s dive into some high level challenges based on AKM Enterprises Inc. experiences with M2M solutions in the 3 categories:
Business Strategy Challenges
- Understanding the relevance of ubiquity and persistence yourself 1st before explaining it to your bosses. i.e. Data, services, availability, experience, relevance, devices, networks, geographies
- Who owns the customer relationship- Everyone wants to own it, carriers, machine equipment providers, application service providers, OEMs themselves etc.
Customer Experience Challenges
- How to optimize offerings to perform efficiently across a variety of network technologies and device form factors?
- How to immediately present relevant choices that matter to my audience?
- How to make offering so intuitive that laymen can use it.
- The unique contexts in which people live and how business is conducted is a very important aspect often ignored by many building M2M solutions that can generate revenue.This is a science in itself and not many clients want to pay for the study of this science as they think its obvious, a huge mistake.
- Security: The security scheme must not hog precious bandwidth nor should it require the user to engage in a multi-PIN scheme.
- Storing content in a generic form to enable presentation across multiple device form factors.
- Integrating mobile applications with voice infrastructure, try getting a car with voice enabled features and you will know what we mean.
- Seamlessly exchanging data amongst multiple applications to enable new rapid experiments or “value loops”